Friday, Jan 29 Born a Crime writing an apology letter-text to self expression











Trevor and his grandmother  Trevor visits Soweto

Link to text  pages 62/ 63


Dear Mom, 

I have received your correspondence earlier. I am delighted to say that I am ahead of schedule on the dishes and I will continue to wash them in an hour or so. Please note that the garden is wet and so I cannot do the weeds at this time, but please be assured this task will be completed by the end of the weekend. Also, I completely agree with what you are saying with regard to my respect levels and I will maintain my room to a satisfactory standard.

Yours sincerely, 

Trevor


At this point we have completed reading through chapter 6, and you should have turned in the following assignments:







Today is an in class work day inspired by chapter 6: you are to compose a letter. Imagine yourself as a ten year old, who has disobeyed instructions from an older family member. Using correct, high-school language conventions (grammar, spelling, punctuation), explain in detail what you did and why. Include an apology. (samples page 61-62). Due Midnight Sunday

****************************************************

HOMEWORK:  5 pages of reading!

Please read. Expect a short quiz on Monday, February 1

Chapter 7 page 69 to 74

Chapter 7 (12 min) audio link



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday /Friday, October 29/30 The Cask of Amontillado

Thursday to Monday, November 12/ 13/ 16 values and belief unit: Once Upon a Time by Nadine Gordimer- parable

Tues/ Wed, Jan 19/20 Born a Crime preamble chap 3 and Gullah connection